Halls 2 Home is an internationally recognised campaign run by the Good Neighbours Team at Manchester Student Homes. The Good Neighbours Team (GNT) is comprised of the Off Campus Student Affairs Officer, Community Cohesion Interns from the University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University, and Student Advisors. GNT works closely with partnership agencies such as Manchester City Council, Greater Manchester Police and Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Services in running Halls 2 Home. These partners are crucial to the implementation and management of the project.
Halls 2 Home has been developed over the past five academic years into an established programme of events, educational awareness campaigns, and volunteering opportunities. The direction of Halls 2 Home continues to be shaped by best practice shared by national and international colleagues through the United Kingdom Town and Gown Association (UKTGA) and the International Town and Gown Association (ITGA).
- Develop an awareness of the local community among students in Halls of Residence
- Educate students of their responsibilities while living as part of the local community
- Highlight the practical steps in becoming a good neighbour via education and campaigns
- Engage and facilitate student involvement in local community groups and activities
- Establish a programme of initiatives supporting student engagement with local residents
- Support students transition from on-campus to off-campus accommodation
- Promote and facilitate the positive impact of students and the universities
- Highlight the objects and achievements of the universities to community members
- Respond to challenges and issues surrounding students in the community
Alcohol and Drugs
Noise and Anti-Social Behaviour