International Friendly Standard Landlords Guide
The International Friendly Standard has been created by Manchester Student Homes to recognise those private halls and landlords who provide a fair and transparent service to international students. Private Halls/Landlords must be able to prove that they can meet the criteria as set out below, as well as demonstrate that they will go the extra mile in the level of service to international students.
It is supported by the International Departments at The University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University as well as the International Society.
Landlords and Private Halls can apply for the International Friendly Standard by completing the relevant Code Declaration Forms and emailing them to email@example.com or by returning them to the Manchester Student Homes office.
The International Friendly Standard provides you with a unique opportunity to have your services advertised to the international student market and become part of this new Manchester Student Homes Standard for the private rented sector.
How to search for an International Friendly Private Hall or landlord?
You can search for other landlords or private halls that have been awarded the International Friendly Standard, by clicking the 'International Friendly' tile on the main page. The full list of International friendly accommodation will appear.
Landlords and private halls that have been awarded the Standard have agreed to the following conditions:
- NO requirement for UK based guarantors
- NO requirement for your rent to be paid upfront for the year
- To have reasonable payment plans available
- To use simplified and fair booking procedures for students to access from overseas
- To use a fair and easy to understand contract with clear information on any additional fees or charges
- To provide information about the area to assist your orientation at check-in
- To have a commitment to international student safety
If you have any questions about the International Friendly Standard please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0161 275 7680.